Many players struggle to get maximum distance and accuracy from today’s drivers.
Thomas Golf developed the 240cc Small-Head Driver to be as easy to hit as your favorite hybrid, without sacrificing distance off the tee. This unique club has been called the "Mini Driver", with design characteristics of a 460cc Driver; it is clearly a bold step forward in equipment technology and playability.
- Thomas Golf’s patented alignment guide makes it easy to aim the clubface precisely at your target on each and every shot.
- The club’s level crown creates a wider effective hitting area for excellent forgiveness on off-center hits, so your misses finish closer to the target.
- The 240cc Small-Head Driver is designed to pair with a shorter shaft than conventional drivers, greatly improving control and reducing the margin of your mis-hits. Graphite-shafted models feature a standard length of 43.5” (vs. 45.25” for most drivers); steel shafts are 42.5” (vs. 44.5” for other steel-shafted drivers).
- With a lower center of gravity (COG) than conventional drivers, the 240cc Small-Head Driver produces higher ball flight for extra carry distance off the tee.
- For golfers with slower swing speeds, the club’s loft choices of 10.5° or 13° increases launch angle and spin rate to keep the ball airborne and maximize distance.
Easier to Hit from the Fairway
Unless you’re a pro, today’s 460cc drivers are nearly impossible to hit from the fairway. The head of the this Mini Driver measures just 240cc – half the size of the largest models – which makes a big difference when setting up to hit a ball off the ground.
Additionally, the shorter shaft promotes a compact, in-control swing, while the wide sole – like that of a fairway wood – helps you sweep the ball from a good lie. The club’s low COG and ample loft will send shots airborne with no special swing adjustments.
Precision Sweet-Spot Alignment
Like all Thomas Golf drivers, fairway woods and hybrids, the 240cc Small-Head Driver features advanced top-plane technology and a lower COG to generate maximum distance and optimum spin.
The Science of Correct Aim
Did you know that more than 85% of golfers suffer from chronic alignment and ball position issues? And that poor aim can actually cause – and conceal – long-term swing problems? It’s true.
When a golfer repeatedly aligns left or right of the intended target, the body compensates by pushing or pulling the ball back on line. This exaggerated swing path becomes ingrained without the player ever realizing he’s lining up improperly. Many times, he goes through a series of futile swing changes when all he really needs is correct alignment.
The culprit? The curvature of the traditional driver’s clubface and crown, which create visual confusion and interfere with the golfer’s ability to align the club to the target.
Thomas Golf’s level top plane and patented alignment indicator are designed to eliminate this issue and get you set up correctly on every single shot. You’ll begin aiming the club properly and, just as importantly, setting the feet, hips and shoulders square to your target line – the key to hitting long, accurate drives.
The Thomas Golf 240cc Small-Head Driver delivers incredible distance, accuracy, forgiveness, trajectory, sound and feel. It takes driver playability to a whole new level.